Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses
Are you interested in taking your business to the next level?
Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses is a $500 million national program designed to help small businesses in the United States create jobs and economic growth by providing entrepreneurs with a practical business education, access to capital and business support services.
Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses at Salt Lake Community College is a practical business management education program that helps you develop the skills you need to grow your company. If you are selected to participate, you also will receive a series of one-on-one business advising sessions from dedicated professionals to help develop a tailored plan for growth.
Who should apply?
Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses at Salt Lake Community College is designed for business owners with limited resources who have a business poised for growth. Applicants must demonstrate a commitment to growing their business and creating jobs within their community.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Applicant must be an owner or co-owner of a business
- Business in operation for at least two years
- Business revenues between $150,000 and $4.0 million in the most recent fiscal year
- Business with a minimum of four employees
What is required?
In order to receive maximum benefit from the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses education curriculum at Salt Lake Community College, business owners are required to:
- Attend a mandatory program orientation
- Attend 11 pre-scheduled learning sessions
- Commit an additional 6–8 hours per week of out-of-class activities to work on your business. This includes completing assignments, attending networking events and business support clinics
- Develop a tailored plan for growth prior to graduation
Top 5 Reasons Why You Should Apply
- You'll learn from the experts. Take a practical hands-on business course and acquire useful business skills such as contract negotiation, finance, and people management.
- You'll invest in yourself. Learn to identify opportunities, develop your leadership and maximize your business operations.
- You'll get customized business assistance. Receive one-on-one business advising and create your own customized business growth plan.
- You'll make connections. Learn from and with other small business owners in a collaborative setting, with years of collective business experience.
- You'll be poised to grow your business. Business owners selected for the program will receive a scholarship, which covers all tuition and program materials.
Of the 1,000 small business owners who have participated in the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses programs:
- 70% have increased their revenue
- 50% have created new jobs